Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bible Stories, A Visit with Toe Toe, and Determination


This morning I had one of those moments that melts a mommy's heart. I was in the kitchen making breakfast and I walked into the den and found Georgie and Jack sitting in the chair together and Georgie was "reading" Jack the Bible. I wish I had a tape recorder handy. When I walked in she was telling him the story of David and Goliath. I caught the tail end of that, and then she says, "Now to Adam and Eve and the sneaky, sneaky snake." She turned right to it and proceeded to tell Jack the story of Adam and Eve. I pray everyday that Georgia and Jack be saved at a young age and seeing this brought me to tears. Jack was patiently listening and looking. She was witnessing to her brother in a way she knew how. For those of you with children, I highly recommend The Beginner's Bible by Zonderkids. You can get it at Wal-Mart for about $15.00. It is wonderful because it follows the Bible by Old Testament and New Testament and the illustrations are great. There are pictures on every page and I think that is what keeps their attention. It would make a great gift too for those without kids.




My sister, Tori (aka Toe Toe) and her boyfriend, Bryan, came for a visit today. Georgia and Toe Toe have a special bond that is hard to explain. Georgie absolutely worships the ground Tori walks on. From day one, Tori has been her best friend. I laugh because Georgia is Tori made over...from the way she looks, to her personality. Sometimes it is scary how much alike they are! I made the mistake of telling Georgia Tori was coming when we woke up. She asked me every few minutes when she was going to be here. She sat by the window and watched for her and then finally said, "she just couldn't wait any longer." We even bought new lip gloss and fingernail polish so she could look extra pretty for Toe Toe. I did get a chuckle about the lip gloss though. She informed me she had something she needed to tell me. She said she had eaten all her lipstick. When I told her she didn't need to do that, she replied, "but it just tasted so good." We enjoyed a nice afternoon and Mom cooked a wonderful lunch for us all...it was almost like Thanksgiving diner! We ate in the dining room and even ate on the "good" china.



Jack Butler has to be one of the most determined little guys I know. When Georgia was his age, my pediatrician use to tell me when she was doing something she shouldn't be doing, distract her. Don't make a big fuss out of it, just divert her attention to something else. I almost always worked with her. Jack is a different story. He is very one track minded. Today at my parents house, he tried to go up the steps about 100 times. Every time he got a chance he would go straight to the staircase. My dad sat on the steps and would catch him. Daddy finally held on to his leg...he pulled and tried for the longest time to break free from Daddy. The last picture is the look of distress when he realized he wasn't going to break free.

No comments: